- Indiana Roadside Markers on YouTube
- Contracting Resources Group Awarded ISO 9001:2015 Certification for Quality Management System
- Forrest Richardson and Jeff Danner Announce New Golf Design Firm
With snow and cold temperatures predicted over the next several days, the City of South Bend would like to remind residents about the following:
Keep sidewalks and fire hydrants clear of snow
Public sidewalks in front of homes and businesses must be shoveled within 24 hours after snowfall has ended. If a fire hydrant is near your home or business, please shovel around it to keep them free of snow and ice. An easily accessible hydrant can save firefighters valuable time during a fire.
Don't let water pipes freeze
With bitterly cold temperatures forecasted for the upcoming week, water pipes can freeze and burst, causing flooding and damage to homes. Below are tips to protect water pipes from freezing:
– Keep heating systems on, even if leaving home for a period of time. Thermostats can be set at a lower temperature but should be kept above 50 degrees Fahrenheit to prevent freezing pipes.
– Open sink cabinets to help keep pipes warm when heat is set at a lower temperature.
– Allow faucets to drip.
– Add insulation to pipes located in areas of the home that do not have good insulation.
Don't crowd the plows
More on indianastop.com
- International Fine and Decorative Art Auction April 24-25
- #1 Billboard Jazz Artist Ski Johnson to Release 10th Studio Album and Tell All Movie
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
- West Coast Customs icon launches "CarCoin" NFT, giving away an original WCC designed vehicle to celebrate
Motorists can help snow removal crews by giving plows extra space to work. Plows on snow trucks are wide, often crossing the centerline or shoulder of the road. Snowplow operators' views are restricted – even though motorists may see them, operators may not see the motorists. Since snowplows travel below the speed limit, motorists should keep their distance, not tailgate nor attempt to pass the plow.
Be a good neighbor
Check on neighbors, specifically the elderly, to make sure they are okay or in need of assistance.
Community centers and Weather Amnesty available for staying warm
Venues Parks and Arts Community Centers are available during normal hours for residents who need to warm up. Locations and hours below:
– Charles Black Community Center – 3419 W. Washington Street
Hours: Monday – Thursday: 9am – 8pm, Friday: 9am – 3pm
– Howard Park Event Center – 219 S. St. Louis Blvd.
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8am – 8pm, Saturday & Sunday: Noon – 8pm
– Martin Luther King Jr Community Center – 1522 Linden Ave
Hours: Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 9 pm, Friday: 9am – 6:30pm
– O'Brien Fitness Center – 312 E. Walter St.,
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8am – 9pm, Saturday: 8am – 4pm, Sunday: 9am – 2pm
Residents who need overnight accommodations can seek shelter at Weather Amnesty, from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. nightly, at 506 S Main St. Because of severe weather, Weather Amnesty will temporarily extend its operating hours during the weekend of Feb. 6 and Feb. 7.
Latest on indianastop.com
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- Mina Starsiak Hawk, star of HGTV's Good Bones Partners with Primo International to Launch Exclusive Lifestyle Collection
- Purdue University Colleges of Agriculture and Engineering to Co-host Free Cellular Agriculture Webinar in Three Parts
- OneMain Holdings Announces Date of First Quarter 2021 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- Bloomington: Local Arts Groups Invited to Apply for Spring Arts Grants
- Bloomington: City to Cut Ribbon on Trades District Garage
- Anthology of Award-Winning Books Explores Global Concerns in a Child-friendly Format
- Paradigm Technology Group Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Delirious Comedy Club Presents Pauly Shore Every Friday Night In April
- PADT Named EOS Metal 3D Printing Distribution Partner Across the Southwest, Expanding its Established Additive Manufacturing Products Offering
- Deb Hoffmann, Guinness World Record Holder for Largest Winnie the Pooh Collection, Shatters 20,000-Item Ceiling
- Histria Books announces the release of Molly – A Love Story to help support animal shelters
- Author's Stunning Coming of Age Novel Wins Multiple Literary Awards
- JetQuay Launches Private Swab Test Facility, Halves Custom Clearance Timing
- National Association of Tax Professionals hires new manager of state chapter activity
- Bidding Now Open for the NFT Artwork For Sale Entitled 'The Sunrise' by Digital Artist, Kevin Douglas Wright
- OS-Independent, License-Free On-Chip SAE J1939 Protocol Stack for Embedded, Linux, and Windows Systems
- PermaTherm Launches New Website
- International Institute of Forecasters Announces the Appointment of Two New Board Members