- GSP International Airport integrates a new enterprise operations platform offered by Aerosimple
- Firefly Reservations Partners with BASYS Processing to Bring Simplified Payment Processing to Easy-to-Use Campground Reservation Management Software
- Mayor Scott Fadness Presents 2022 Fishers City Budget to Residents, City Council
Are your school facilities, including your school buses, safer today? Have improvements been made in ventilation and filtration to mitigate the spread of airborne illnesses like Covid-19?
Many were counting on vaccines to return us to life before COVID. Instead, we're seeing mask mandates, spiking COVID cases, record numbers of hospitalized young people, and a recent call for booster shots.
What's gone wrong?
Antibodies diminish over time, and viruses naturally mutate. On August 19th, top U.S. health officials in a joint statement said, "Based on our latest assessment, the current protection against severe disease, hospitalization, and death could diminish in the months ahead …"
We know the virus is airborne. We know that if we inhale higher concentrations of virus particles, we are more likely to become infected, especially if we do so for extended periods of time. Experts worry about what will happen as weather turns colder and we increase our time inside.
More on indianastop.com
- 11Sight Named FrontRunner for Video Conferencing Software Category
- Eight-Year-Old Philanthropist Makes A Difference In Women And Children's Lives
- Marion County Real Estate Agents Promote Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- TransCanWork Announces Grand Opening of New Corporate Office and Welcome to New ED Lexi Adsit
- Joey's Wings - Cranes For A Cure
The good thing is we know how to reduce the concentration of contaminants in the air. ASHRAE and the CDC recommend using outdoor air to dilute contaminants, using filters to remove contaminants and using UVC to inactivate contaminants, especially if dilution and filtration options are limited.
Filtration recommendations include improving filter efficiency to the highest level possible, with MERV-13 or higher as the goal. MERV-13 filters remove greater than 85% of airborne droplet nuclei expelled during a human cough or normal exhalation. The great thing about filtration, is that it's effective no matter what virus or variant of the virus is in the air. Upper-room UVGI has been applied effectively in schools since the 1930's. The units are inexpensive and quiet, and the bulbs can last for five-years in classrooms settings. The CDC has an excellent website on how to apply Upper-Room UVGI.
School buses have long been heralded as the safest way to travel to and from school, and are the only option for some students. Unfortunately, school buses are also the most densely populated part of a school's facilities, with very poor filtration, and inadequate levels of clean, outside air. Masking, social distancing, and opening windows remain incredibly difficult if not impossible to enforce on the school bus, especially for drivers needing to keep their attention on the road.
More on indianastop.com
- How to Explain CBG to Your Mom
- Build and Operate a Dental School in New Mexico (New Mexico Dental School)
- METAvivor Announces the Virtual Conference: Overcoming Health Disparities In MBC
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support
- Thiel College climbs US News & World Report rankings, recognized for social mobility
There are solutions to improve the air quality on school buses helping to make them safer for students and drivers. Lumin-Air implements filtration and UVGI solutions in everything from classrooms to school buses and metro buses as recommended by the CDC and ASHRAE to improve indoor air quality. A Lumin-Air installation for a school's entire school bus fleet including 12-years of replacement filters and UV bulbs would cost about 1% of a schools ESSER money, cleaning up the most densely populated part of a school's facility with the poorest air quality.
An even less expensive option is now being offered by Lumin-Air. MERV-13 equivalent filter kits that don't impede airflow and last for a year can be easily retrofitted to existing school bus AC units. The kits come with 5-years of filter media.
Reducing the concentration of harmful airborne contaminants in your schools reduces the probability of transmission of COVID, influenza, and future diseases. Please ask your local school system how they are spending their COVID ESSER money to keep students healthy and in school, and don't forget to ask about your school buses. The health, safety and prosperity of your entire community depends on it.
Contact Lumin-Air to learn more about making your school, and school buses safer: [email protected], (866) 586-4619. www.lumin-air.com
Filed Under: Business
Latest on indianastop.com
- Triangle Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- "Just Looking" Real Estate Program is a BIG Hit with Mississippi Area Residents
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Palm Beach Area Residents!
- City of Fishers hosts fall Keep Fishers Beautiful series
- 14:27 ET Elizabeth Moneyhun Gaines is recognized by Continental Who's Who
- New gallery exhibits including FROM FALLUJAH featuring four contemporary photographers work from Fallujah
- Healthline Gate Launches its Health and Medical Information News Website
- The Inspiring Story of Tyce Treadway: How a High School Student is Changing the Sports World
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Minneapolis Area Residents!
- Join Our 25th Year Celebration and Prayer for Peace Today
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
- One Park Financial, a Fund Street Technologies Brand, Wins Bronze Stevie® Award 3 Years in a Row
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Announces New Experts From Around the World
- New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is a Big Hit With Emerald Coast Home Buyers
- Red Gold Launches a New Brand of Tomato Products
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers