- 2022 Louis Schwitzer Award Celebrates Engineers Behind NTT INDYCAR SERIES' EM Marshalling System Innovation
- TOKYO SKYTREE Celebrates Its 10th anniversary! Let's Pay Homage to this Japanese Landmark and World's Tallest Freestanding Broadcast Tower
- Third Century Bancorp Announces Dividend
One such area, where we have substantial need, is in the area of mental health. It's estimated that nearly half of the 60 million adults and children living with mental health conditions in the United States go without treatment.
That's why we propose investing some of our $64.4 million in American Rescue Plan Act with Southwest Behavioral Health, one of the city's leading mental health providers, to renovate two spaces in order to create badly needed mental health services.
The first is a new 20-bed adult residential treatment center. This co-ed facility will be for adults needing short term residential treatment (28-35 days) following hospitalization or crisis.
The second new program will be a new child and family services neurodevelopmental psychiatry specialty center.
The new children and family service will allow for children and adolescents with dual diagnosis to have a local treatment option. No such treatment exists here today.
More on indianastop.com
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor Mayor Tim Keller of Albuquerque with Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 36th Tribute to Mayors
- TEAMSTERS AT SOUTHERN GLAZER'S WINE & SPIRITS UNITE TO WIN INCREDIBLE CONTRACT
- Procurement Partners Welcomes Troy Thibodeau as Chief Marketing Officer
- Industrial and systems engineers honored at international conference
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Nasogastric Feeding Tube Accessory (CTK-2421)
We also propose investing in the new Evansville Diversion Center, a six bed 23-hour facility at United Caring Services.
This facility is designed to assist people experiencing substance use and/or a co-occurring mental health crisis.
The Diversion Center will provide front-line intervention in order to divert people away from unnecessary emergency department, emergency medical services, or the criminal justice system use toward the help, support, and recovery they need.
The City of Evansville also recognizes Easterseals as a community partner in providing mental health services. The Easterseals Rehabilitation Center has developed a Doctoral level Internship for Clinical Psychologists and a post-doctorate Fellowship for psychologists who have just completed their doctoral degrees.
An investment in Easterseals will expand the organization's psychology testing and counseling capacity by four times.
The City proposes investing in SWIRCA & More, the region's preeminent organization focusing on enhancing quality of life and independent living for those who are aging, people living with disabilities and caregivers. With our senior population growing at a rapid rate, seniors are going to outpace SWIRCA's existing services 3 to 1 in the next four years. That's why we propose assisting SWIRCA with a major expansion of their current building.
More on indianastop.com
- 54% OFF! Graduation Season Wigs Surprise Sale!!
- Insurance Website Leader, Forge3, Ltd., Releases All-New Platform Interface, ActiveAgency Dashboard
- Stratum Nutrition® Extends Its Patent Portfolio to Europe and Canada
- St. George's School receives gift of $15 million — largest single donation in its history
- American College of Education honors late Admiral Thomas B. Hayward with memorial scholarship and posthumous honorary degree
The City of Evansville is also pleased to increase funding to its Affordable Housing Trust Fund in order to help create additional affordable living units within the city.
There is an estimated gap of 1,500 affordable housing units in Evansville. Our housing needs assessment/analysis of impediments to fair housing choice, shows this gap.
The City of Evansville is pleased to collaborate with the Evansville Regional Economic Partnership on Talent 2025, a regional initiative to increase our population and improve our talent base.
We want our workforce to be prepared for jobs and careers of the future. We want a resilient economy that can bounce back after routine downturns, or a major crisis like COVID-19. We want to ensure equitable opportunity for every family regardless of race, history or circumstance. We have to improve quality of place for a healthier, more fulfilling lifestyle.
It's important to note that each of these proposed investments are qualified expenditures of the American Rescue Plan Act.
We have other community investment plans that we will present to the city council in the weeks ahead that will have equally important impacts on our city.
— Mayor Lloyd Winnecke
Latest on indianastop.com
- Tangoe Named a Visionary in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Managed Mobility Services, Global
- OneCause Wins Multiple Best Place to Work Awards
- The world's most anticipated blockchain game "Rise of Elves", is going to launch its Closed Beta in May!
- Michael Dowden Gives His Talk, "Hosted Not Served."
- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- West Shore Construction Named #1 Hurricane Fabric Dealer in the Country
- Exterro Enhances Digital Forensic and Incident Response Automation with Major Upgrades to FTK® Connect
- Dungeon Forward Inks Multi Collection Deal with Nickelodeon and Paramount Consumer Products
- M.King Media's 2nd Special Report "Black America: We Have A Problem" Is Now Streaming
- Berry Global ESG Transparency, Performance Recognized in 100 Best Corporate Citizens Ranking
- Third Century Bancorp Announces Dividend
- Blockchain Startup Aimed at Financial Inclusion Secures 25 Million Dollar Capital Commitment
- HR Tech Awards Recognizes Valuable Contributors to Hiring, Retention, and More
- The Martini Shot Launches A Sci-Fi Martial Arts and Fashion Franchise
- 1040 Abroad: Live tax-free if you earn less than $112,000
- ABC Supply Supports Severely Injured Post-9/11 Veterans Through 2022 IndyCar Design and $1 Million Donation Match to Nonprofit Homes For Our Troops
- Implement The Exploration Of Charity In The Virtual World Concept Till The Very End
- Global Changemakers Celebrate Black Women In Film At Cannes Film Festival In Response To Gross Underrepresentation In Competition, over 75-years
- Country Music Singer/Songwriter Ashley Wineland To Drop Full-Length Album 'I'm Gonna Ride'
- HG Ventures' Managing Director Cracks the Top 25 on Annual List of Most Prominent Corporate Venture Capitalists in the World