- Tracy S. Williams, Wife of Pro Football Hall of Famer Aeneas Williams, Talks Sex and Relationships in Her Debut Book: THE GARDEN EXPERIENCE
- Berry Global Group, Inc. Announces Pricing of Private Placement Notes Offering
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Hosts the Sold-Out The Next Bestseller™ Workshop Virtually for Writers
Upon request from the Winnecke Administration, City Council will consider approving an ordinance tonight to create the Commission on Food Security.
The Commission will coordinate services, funding and programs related to food security. The 25-member body comprised of representatives from food-related organizations will also make recommendations to City government and other community stakeholders.
"Local nonprofits addressing food security have been working tirelessly towards the same goal," said Mayor Winnecke. "Establishing the Commission will help organizations mobilize and share their resources."
More on indianastop.com
- Vibrant banner series highlighting diversity of community premieres in downtown Fishers
- ConvergeOne and Evolve IP Enter Strategic Hospitality Partnership
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport Celebrates Topping Off - Tucson's Newest Extended-Stay Hotel
- Truthset and the ANA AIMM Release First of its Kind Multicultural Online Data Benchmarks
- Julia Hair Tax Refund Season Flash Sale Week With Buy Now Pay Later
In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic exposed a gap in Evansville's food security. During Governor Eric Holcomb's stay-at-home order and school closures, local organizations reported 8,000 meals requested in a single day.
"The Reopen Evansville Task Force quickly identified food security as a key issue in our response to the pandemic," said Deputy Mayor Steve Schaefer. "The Task Force partnered with the Feed Evansville initiative and other agencies to fill the food security gap. This Commission is the next step in ensuring our residents have consistent, equitable access to food."
Latest on indianastop.com
- California Boating Supply Company Danik Hook Launches New Product for 2021
- Whose Dreams Of Hell Are More Interesting, Politicians Or Popes?
- Tech Startup Mokusei Intelligence Announces the '$500 Press Challenge'
- Tech Startup to Offer Up To 100% Funding Aid to Individuals for Covering Their Education or Travel Expenses
- Sandline Welcomes IT Veteran Ralf Kaiser as CTO
- Bloomington: City Invites Proposals to Develop Affordable Housing at Kohr Building on Hospital Site
- South Bend: City Announces Traffic Restrictions Beginning Thursday, March 4
- ChartSpan Announces Partnership with Kentucky Hospital Association
- Mental Health Advocate Offers Hope to Millions with Book Detailing Trials and Triumphs on His Journey to Leading a Meaningful Life
- Construction Technology Startup Mosaic Hires Real Estate Veteran as First CFO
- First look: Clark Nexsen completes engineering building at NC State University
- Koenig Equipment Opens the Doors to New Franklin Facility
- Third Century Bancorp Announces Dividend
- 2021 Marketing Excellence Awards—Call for Entries: Honoring the Best in B2B Services and Solutions Marketing
- edjuster Launches Fully Interactive Digital Contents Claims Portal
- Senseeker Engineering Acquires SE-IR Corporation
- eMoney Advisor Veterans Start Firm to Help Fintech CEOs Jump Start Growth
- Florida small town festival ranks Top 50 BEST in nation
- Delray Beach Branding Agency Celebrates Women in Business on International Women's Day
- Digital Cash Processing, Genmega Partner to Deliver Next Generation ATM Functionality